- Yang Hengjun has been held since arriving in China in January 2019 and has had no access to family and only limited contact with his lawyer, the Australian government has said.
- Authorities have not released any details of the charges against Mr. Yang, a novelist. According to some unverified reports, he formerly worked for China's Ministry of State Security as an intelligence agent.
- China has only said that the charge against Mr. Yang involves espionage.
- Australian diplomats last met with Mr.Yang via video link last month and conveyed messages to and from his family.
- Mr. Yang appeared to be in satisfactory health and had access to legal representation.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.