- One street will be named after the Dalai Lama, the exiled spiritual leader of Tibet, labeled a dangerous separatist by Beijing.
- Another will be called "Uyghur Martyrs' Road," after the primarily Muslim ethnic group that Washington and other capitals accuse of genocide by China.
- A third will be called "Free Hong Kong Road." A fourth street will be renamed after a Chinese Catholic bishop who was jailed.
- The renamed streets will converge on an area where China's Fudan University plans to open a campus.
- According to a poll conducted by the liberal think tank Republikon Institute, 66% of Hungarians oppose and 27% support the idea of a Chinese university campus.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.