- Chinese military and Tianjin-based biotech company CanSino Biologics developed the vaccine.
- Fears of a coronavirus resurgence emerged in the world's most populous country earlier this month after Anhui and Liaoning provinces reported locally transmitted infections on May 14.
- Since April, they were the first locally transmitted cases when a Covid-19 cluster emerged in Yunnan in south-western China, linked to an outbreak in neighboring Myanmar.
- China has reported 102,822 Covid-19 cases to date, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.
- The number of vaccinated people so far remains below Beijing's aim of inoculating 40 percent of its 1.4 billion people by June, despite the government's efforts.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.