- According to Beijing-based Bridge Consulting, China had sold a total of 651 million vaccine doses, far more than its donations of 17.4 million.
- Latin America and the Asia-Pacific were by far the biggest buyers, receiving 309 million and 248.46 million shots, respectively, while Europe accounted for 61.38 million.
- Africa bought the least, at 33 million, but it received the second-highest number of donated vaccines from China – it got 5.45 million of the 17.45 million donated.
- China has pledged to donate vaccines to 35 African countries and the African Union Commission. It has donated the most – 10.5 million – to the Asia-Pacific region.
- Many countries have started manufacturing Chinese vaccines, including Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and Egypt.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.