- Taiwan - which has so far survived the pandemic almost unscathed - reported 207 new infections.
- The island of 23 million people has recorded 1,682 infections and 12 Covid-related deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- Taiwan's impressive success battling the coronavirus has been largely attributed to early and strict border controls, a ban on foreign visitors, and mandatory quarantine for all Taiwanese returning home.
- The government said masks must now be worn outdoors, urging people to work and study from home.
- Taipei, the capital, remains the main infections hotspot.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.