- President Joe Biden said he wanted the U.S-backed Build Back Better World (B3W) plan to be a higher-quality alternative to a similar Chinese program.
- China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) has helped finance rail, roads, and ports in many countries. But it has been criticized for saddling some with debt.
- The G7 leaders at their summit in the English county of Cornwall said they would offer a "values-driven, high-standard and transparent" partnership.
- The G7, the world's seven wealthiest democracies, is also expected to commit to a new plan to stop future pandemics.
- The measures include cutting the time needed to develop vaccines and treatments for Covid-19 to under 100 days.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.