- Ms. Tsikhanouskaya said she believes Russia is part of the problem when it comes to Belarus and that the bloc should clarify that any financial deals with the Lukashenko regime cannot be allowed to happen.
- "I call on the EU to deny any kind of financial support or governmental requests and refrain from all new foreign investments in Belarus and new credit lines to Belarusian banks," Tsikhanouskaya said.
- In his first public remarks since the Ryanair flight diverted to the Belarusian capital, Lukashenko stood defiant, accusing his "ill-wishers" of having "crossed many red lines."
- The President claimed that Roman Protasevich, the arrested Belarusian journalist and activist, had planned a "bloody rebellion" but gave no evidence for or details around the claim.
- He also accused the West of waging a "hybrid war" against him.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.