- Imran Khan's visit to Riyadh is a significant move to rebuild relations between the historic allies following recent setbacks.
- Pakistan's army chief arrived in Saudi Arabia ahead of the prime minister's arrival. While Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have historically been close allies, their strong economic, military and political ties have suffered several setbacks.
- While most observers expect discussions during the visit to focus on economic engagement, Riyadh will also try to strengthen political ties with Pakistan.
- Given the Biden administration's tough stance towards Saudi Arabia, Riyadh cannot afford to cut off any allies at the moment.
- The two countries remain important geostrategic partners, and a stable relationship between Islamabad and Riyadh is likely to continue.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.