- Alexander Murakhovsky was the first doctor to treat Alexei Navalny after he was poisoned with a nerve agent last year. The doctor has not been seen since Friday.
- According to the police, the physician was last seen leaving a hunting base in a forest in the Omsk region — around 2,200 km (1,370 miles) east of Moscow — in an all-terrain vehicle.
- A search effort was already underway, including emergency services, drones, a helicopter, and volunteers on the ground.
- The doctor was promoted to the position of regional health minister last November.
- Murakhovsky had said that initial laboratory tests after treating Navalny had not shown traces of the Novichok nerve agent.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.