- Prominent Democratic National Committee members urged President Joe Biden to relieve sanctions on Iran as the window closes for a return to the nuclear deal.
- The letter follows the fourth round of indirect talks between the Biden administration and Iran's government in Geneva, mediated by European Union signatories of the original agreement.
- The original deal does not bar Iran from developing conventional ballistic missiles, drones, or cruise missiles, allowing Tehran to continue developing such weapons.
- Publicly, Iran's leaders have refused to negotiate over matters outside the scope of the 2015 deal.
- A deal could potentially be reached in Vienna "in the next few weeks," a senior State Department official told reporters last week.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.