- The U.S. Navy says it seized a massive cache of illicit Russian and Chinese weapons from a stateless vessel sailing in international waters of the northern Arabian Sea.
- The U.S. Fifth Fleet, based in Bahrain, said the guided-missile cruiser USS Monterey intercepted the boat and discovered the cargo during a routine boarding in a two-day operation.
- The cache of weapons included dozens of advanced Russian-made anti-tank guided missiles, thousands of Chinese Type 56 assault rifles, and hundreds of PKM machine guns, sniper rifles, and rocket-propelled grenades launchers.
- The arms are in U.S. custody, and their source and intended destination are under investigation.
- It was the latest such interdiction by American sailors amid the long-running war in Yemen. The Navy did not identify where it believed the shipment originated.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.