- Ukraine unveiled its shirt for Euro 2020, emblazoned with its borders, including Crimea, and the slogan "Glory to Ukraine!"
- The head of the Ukrainian football association, Andriy Pavelko, revealed the kit in a video on his Facebook page days before the European Championship kicked off.
- The front of the yellow shirt shows the contours of Ukraine in white, including Crimea and the pro-Russian separatist-controlled regions of Donetsk and Luhansk.
- The US embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine's capital, tweeted "love the new look" with a photo of the new kit.
- Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova criticized the kits, saying the football team had "attached Ukraine's territory to Russia's Crimea", creating the "illusion of the impossible."
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.