- The pledges made include 1 billion doses from American pharmaceutical company Pfizer and German company BioNTech's, 200 million from Johnson & Johnson, and 100 million from Moderna.
- They will be provided at cost for low-income countries and at a low profit for middle-income countries.
- Pfizer and BioNTech pledged an additional 1 billion for next year, while European Union nations promised another 100 million doses for this year.
- Nearly 1.5 billion vaccine doses have been administered in over 180 countries worldwide.
- Yet only 0.3% of it was in low-income countries, while richer countries administered around 85%.
Read the original story here.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.