- "Tell me loudly: what's the date today?" the account belonging to Xiaohongshu posted to microblogging platform Weibo.
- The post to its 14 million followers was swiftly deleted.
- The page has now been replaced by a message saying it is being investigated for violations of laws and regulations.
- Xiaohongshu, backed by Chinese internet giants Alibaba and Tencent, has been described as China's Instagram with e-commerce and is mostly used by young, urban Chinese women.
- Xiaohongshu regularly poses questions in its posts and has made similar posts to mark the weekend. The company has yet to comment publicly on the matter.
Sign in or become a tippinsights member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.