Britain’s King Charles III said “the law must take its course” following the arrest of his brother, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, on suspicion of misconduct in public office, according to CBS News.
In a statement, the king said he was deeply concerned by the allegations and stressed that the matter must be handled through a full and proper legal process.
FALL FROM GRACE: King Charles releases a statement on reports of his brother, former Prince Andrew's arrest:
— Fox News (@FoxNews) February 19, 2026
"I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and… pic.twitter.com/YlEBF4ypEb
He said the royal family would cooperate fully with investigators and declined further comment while the case proceeds.
Andrew was arrested Thursday after revelations in the Jeffrey Epstein files raised questions about whether he shared confidential government information while serving as a British trade envoy. Police said searches were underway at properties in Berkshire and Norfolk.
King Charles stripped Andrew of his royal titles last year amid mounting scrutiny. If charged and convicted, misconduct in public office can carry a maximum sentence of life in prison under British law.
Also Read:


