The head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog warned that Iran still retains large amounts of enriched nuclear material, raising urgency for a diplomatic deal with the United States to prevent a wider conflict, according to CBS News.
Rafael Grossi, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, said most of Iran’s nuclear material survived U.S. strikes last year, even if some sites are now harder to access. He warned that further military action could trigger regional escalation.
Rafael Grossi warns of urgent need for diplomatic agreement to prevent military conflict between the US and Iran. 🌍
— unumihai Media (@unumihaimedia) February 19, 2026
US military presence increases tensions; negotiations in Geneva offer a critical window for dialogue. 🕊️ pic.twitter.com/vffTJD473j
The comments come after recent U.S.-Iran talks in Geneva, which both sides described as constructive but incomplete. President Donald Trump has reinforced U.S. military forces in the region while insisting Iran will not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons.
Grossi said the IAEA has seen no evidence Iran is currently building a nuclear bomb and noted growing interest on both sides in reaching an agreement. He stressed that time is limited and diplomacy remains critical.
Also Read:



