Americans feel that the FBI’s actions have been harsher on Republicans and lenient towards Democrats. Further, Americans’ perception of the FBI reflects the deep polarization in the country.
Those are the key findings of a TIPP Poll of 1,277 Americans taken from Wednesday to Friday this week. The credibility interval for the online survey is +/- 2.8 points.
The poll asked Americans: “How would you rate the FBI’s action and treatment of the following?” Respondents were presented with seven cases:
- Hillary Clinton, related to the email server
- Donald Trump, related to documents
- Hunter Biden, related to laptop contents and business dealings
- Jan 6 rioters
- Antifa/BLM protesters of the summer of 2020
- Peter Navarro, former Trump White House adviser
- Roger Stone, political consultant