The USS Benfold, a US Navy guided-missile destroyer, spent four days without power last month after an engineering failure during operations in the South China Sea, according to the 7th Fleet.
The failure affected the nearly 10,000-ton warship’s propulsion, toilets, galley services, air conditioning and potable water. Navy officials said no crew members were injured. The cause remains under investigation.
The incident comes amid concerns that the US Navy is being stretched by the Iran war and commitments worldwide. It is also the second recent power-related failure involving an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer in the Indo-Pacific, following a similar incident aboard the USS Higgins in May.
Related Tweet:
EXCLUSIVE: Navy Mom Says USS Benfold Left Without Toilets & Powerless for Four Days After Needed Repairs Were Pulled.
— Brian Krassenstein (@krassenstein) August 13, 2026
Read full story below: Apparently this is not just a US Abraham Lincoln problem.https://t.co/T7qZdzxoHd
Also Read:

