Skip to content

Auto Giant Stellantis Unveils Major Five-Year Recovery Plan

According to the company, 36 billion euros will be invested into its automotive brands, with North America receiving roughly 60% of the funding

Stellantis CEO Antonio Filosa (Pic via X)

Stellantis unveiled a 60 billion euro ($69.7 billion) turnaround strategy Thursday aimed at restoring profitability, expanding global sales and achieving positive free cash flow by 2028 after suffering major losses last year.

According to the company, 36 billion euros will be invested into its automotive brands, with North America receiving roughly 60% of the funding. Stellantis plans to launch more than 60 new vehicles and refresh 50 existing models across electric, hybrid and gasoline-powered categories.

The automaker also announced plans to cut annual costs by 6 billion euros by 2028 through manufacturing efficiencies and a new “STLA One” vehicle platform designed to simplify production and increase component sharing.

CEO Antonio Filosa said the “FaSTLAne 2030” strategy focuses on sharper management, stronger partnerships and giving consumers broader vehicle choices as demand for hybrids rises alongside higher fuel prices.

The report said Stellantis will keep all 14 of its brands, though some European operations will be consolidated. Shares fell roughly 7% following the announcement.

Also Read:

How Is The Iran War Impacting Motor Oil Supplies
Industry executives said shortages of low-viscosity oils such as 0W-20, widely used in newer vehicles, could intensify by summer

Comments

Latest