Iran’s Revolutionary Guard warned Wednesday that any renewed attacks by the United States or Israel could expand the conflict “beyond the region,” according to a statement carried by Iran’s semiofficial Mehr news agency.
The warning came as mixed signals emerged from the Trump administration regarding negotiations with Tehran.
President Donald Trump told reporters he was in “no hurry” to escalate the conflict further and said he preferred avoiding additional casualties. Trump also claimed Iran had been “decimated” and was eager to negotiate.
BREAKING: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard warns that if the U.S. and Israel resume attacks on Tehran, the conflict would spread “beyond the region” and bring “crushing blows” in unexpected places.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) May 20, 2026
This comes after President Trump announced that the United States could end the…
Vice President JD Vance said talks between Washington and Tehran remained in a “pretty good” place and stressed that neither side wanted a prolonged war.
The report said the conflict remains locked in a fragile stalemate despite an active ceasefire.
Tensions continue around the Strait of Hormuz, a key global energy shipping route through which roughly 20% of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas normally passes. Shipping traffic has slowed sharply since fighting began in February.
Also Read:


